Sunday, September 30, 2012

Grillin' and Chillin': Grilled Pear Gorgonzola Salad

I have eaten one of these in a restaurant in downtown Roswell and fell in love with it. I am not someone to spend tons of dollars on salad toppings that make little to no difference in the taste but the money I spent on this was well worth it. I added chicken to this salad to make it my main meal but it can be done without it or with salmon or steak pieces.

Ingredients:

-one pear
-gorgonzola cheese ( i bought a prepackaged triangle's worth from Publix and had more than enough)
-chicken
-mixed spring lettuce
-balsamic vinaigrette

What to Do:
  1. Grill the chicken up. I used our knock off George Foreman grill and cooked it until there was no pink in the middle but there was still definite juiciness.
  2. Cut the pear in half. Put the pear on the grill or as I did on the Trim and Fit (George Foreman knockoff) and let it sit with the top open for around 5-7 minutes. You want to see indentions or grill marks on the pear to know that it is done.
  3. While the pear is grilling, add enough lettuce to your plate to cover the bottom to your liking. I added about 2.5 cups. Crumble the gorgonzola cheese on top. Add as much or as little as you like. This cheese is totally delicious so you may be adding more than you think after you sample it. Then add on the chicken. I shredded mine just a little but you can just chop it up or put it on whole.
  4. Add the pear on top of the lettuce once it has finished grilling and then the balsamic vinaigrette on top. I added about two to three tablespoons.
  5. Viola! You are done! At this point, you can add whatever you like if my toppings are not enough for you. Candied pecans would be very delectable on top however I did not want to pay for them.


College Contessa Rating: Corporate Pump

1 comment: